Night photography and northern lights workshop, 3-4 hours
Experience the magical nights of Lapland and dive into the world of night photography with an experienced guide. You will learn about the elusive northern lights and how to capture them in your camera. We will cover the basics of landscape photography and different aspects of night photography. Walking in the wilderness of Lapland at night is a great experience on its own and seeing the northern lights dancing across the skies is truly a magical sight.
- Transportation, pick-up from your accommodation in Levi/Ylläs/Muonio area
- Hot beverage and snacks
- Guide services from a professional photographer and wilderness guide
- Snowshoes for the tour if needed
- Pro tips for northern light photography
- Tips how to forecast northern lights
- Small group (2-4 persons), private instruction
What’s not included:
- Personal travel insurance
Things you learn:
- Focusing in the dark
- Framing in photography
- Leading lines
- The science behind northern lights
- How to forecast northern lights
- How to prepare for the cold nights
- Camera gear
Info: available daily for 2-4 persons. The pick-up is between 20-21 pm depending on the weather and aurora activity. The starting time can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Price: 149 € / person, including taxes
You don’t need a professional camera (or any camera) to join the tour. A DSLR with a tripod is recommended to capture the northern lights but a phone camera also works especially if you have a small tripod with it. No photography experience is needed for the tour. Sometimes it’s just best to put all the electronics away and just listen to the silence and look at the beautiful nature around you! Remember to wear warm clothing cause it can get quite cold during the nights.